Sunday, April 1, 2007

the preparation


With only 4 more sleeps until my trip to Hong Kong (HKG), my mind is switching back and forth from excitement to unbelief. As I start to pack my suitcase, and double check my list of what I need to bring, I pinch myself to ensure that I am not dreaming.

Strangely, as excited as I am about going to HKG, I am more thrilled about the side trip to Beijing. That city oozes with icons of China - The Great Wall, Tianeman Square, the Silk Market and the Forbidden City. I never imagined that I would go to China and I will be there in just a few days.

This surreal adventure may in fact put the travel bug back into my soul. I do have a yearning to go to Africa and Eastern Europe and South East Asia and Argentina and London and New York and so much more. Who knows, perhaps I will follow that dream one day; sell my worldly possessions and just travel until the money runs out. Anyone up for a grand adventure?

No comments: