Saturday, May 24, 2008

The Trip in Review - as a list of course

(Do you see me? I am in the Reichstag)
Despite my brief updates and introspective review of my trip, here is a fun list of what I did on my travels through Europe:
20 Days of Travelling
19 Hours in flight (give or take a couple of hours)
18 Days where I consumed at least one meal of meat and bread and cheese
17 Tube or train rides

16 Czech Korunas to one Canadian dollar (there is no easy conversion formula)
15 Days of decent weather when the sun shone for at least part of the day

14 Visits to grocery stores for breakfast or snack food
13 Different beers tasted
12 Modes of transportation taken

11 Kilometres walked each day (on average - and a total guess)
10 Prints/Pictures purchased to hang on my wall (now let's see if I will get around to framing them)
Rembrandt's "Adoration of the Shepherds" - National Gallery London
9 New journals purchased (Paperchase - my idea of heaven!)
8 Churches or Synagogues visited

7 Museums wandered through

6 Different chocolate brands sampled
5 Cities seen (Berlin, Potsdam, Prague, London & Oxford)
4 New airports visited (and added to my "40 Airports by the time I am 40 list")

3 Cemeteries walked through

2 Old Friends

1 - 30th Birthday celebrated (Yeah Bobbi)

0 Postcards sent

2 comments:

Jen L said...

Welcome back to Canada. I am glad that you had a great trip.

nicole said...

Love the list and can't wait to see and hear more about it. What an adventure! Love you!