Tuesday, May 20, 2008

a picture or two

There are reasons for my lack of faithful blogging while travelling around Europe. By merely listing activities done, sights seen and food eaten, only part of my trip could be conveyed. I didn't know how to use words to fully describe what I saw, felt, processed and learned during the past 3 weeks. However, on my flight home yesterday I took the time to think about it and here is what I learned:

1) Tension is necessary
2) Beauty is necessary
3) Trusting who you are is necessary


When I was in Berlin, I was tense - still stressed about things back home - job, relationships and other priorities. This tension fit with Berlin as the city itself is learning to cope with its past but finding ways to move forward.


Then onto Prague which evoked emotions I was unprepared for. In my own life, there are scars caused by past choices. I could mourn my mistakes but miss the joy of life. I must find the beauty and learn from those past errors. Prague is full of beauty amid the scars of an unpleasant past. At first the city frustrated me with its inconsistencies but during my time there, it won my heart.


Then came London. This city is full of character and just is. I spent time with old friends and came away knowing I am loved.



The realization that I am who I was at 17 or 27. Time and experience gives me depth and different perspective - yet my character remains true. London has so much history but it is still London and you can see what it was like centuries ago.


I am not sure if any of this makes sense but I am learning to live with tension, be okay & forgive my mistakes, and embrace who I am.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My dear Sara...you are loved.....g