Monday, July 23, 2007

Visiting the Family & Meeting the Parents

I have just returned from a short (too short) trip to Vancouver Island to see a few people that are near and dear to me. I am a wee bit tired but will quickly jot a few things about the trip before bed. Nicole, dear older sister that she is, mentioned I was neglecting my blog updates...oh my!

So, here is the story of my trip....

On Thursday, I flew to Vancouver and spent a most splendid evening with my sister, Wendy. She is one of the people that inspire me in life. Her gentle spirit, wise words and good conversation make me want to live closer to her.
On Friday, I ferried across to the Island to stay at mom & dad's. Nicole and her kids are spending the next few weeks there so I thought I would hit 2 birds with 1 stone and visit as much of the family as possible in just one visit. It was a lovely time and I spent a majority of it playing with my nephew and niece who are 5 and 3 respectively. So fun...the play involved swinging, running, spinning, cars, Go Fish, Memory and OuterSpace. Seriously, I want to be 3 again some days. There will be pictures to follow because they are quite adorable (okay, so I may be biased but just wait for the pictures and you will see that I am right!)
On Saturday, my family met Tim. He was on the island for cycling officiating. My family was very well behaved and the introductions went smoothly. The feedback from both sides is a thumbs up. I will be meeting Tim's family shortly so we will see how that goes. Hopefully, there is similar feedback.
On Sunday, I was able to visit my friend, the ocean...it was good to dip my feet in her waves in greeting.
After that busy weekend of meeting, greeting, hugging, relaxing and napping, I am back at my little home....must go to bed because my reality of work and normal life will come v. early in the morning.

3 comments:

The Chatty Housewife said...

I wish I would have had the opportunity to visit with you while you were nearby but we were in Yellowstone!

Amy.E said...

Ah...meeting the family! It's such an adventure, and a great opportunity for all the embarassing stories to be dug up and told with enthusiasm! Glad to hear your family was well behaved. I'm going to keep scanning your blog for more details of this fellow!

nicole said...

double thumbs up