Tuesday, July 31, 2007

A deep breath

In response to my previous post, I have been able to carve out this evening as Sara Time. The new IKEA catalogue arrived in the mail. I am going for a walk and taking my journal, the catalogue and my thoughts with me. I may end up at the Starbucks down the road...what a great and relaxing plan.
I do still have a bit of volunteer newsletter writing to do but it is almost complete and if not, I may finish it at lunch tomorrow.
Speaking of volunteering, besides thinking I may be crazy because my life is busy already, I just started volunteering for an organization called ChristmasFuture. (see www.christmasfuture.org). Their mandate is to eradicate poverty worldwide by persuading North Americans to just give 5% of what they normally spend at Christmas to relief and poverty projects around the world. The organization is developing this cutting edge technology which will keep donors connected to the progress and impact of their chosen project. I am helping out in a small way with their marketing & communications.
Well, should go start my Sara time.

2 comments:

Amy.E said...

Hope it was amazing! Mmmmm! Love the days when a catalogue shows up in the mail and there is time to savor it!

nicole said...

enjoy your latte and Ikea