Thursday, April 2, 2009

Spring




No winter lasts forever; no spring skips its turn. ~Hal Borland

That quote gives me hope. I am just about sick of winter this year. It feels like as soon as we get a taste of spring, winter hits with a vengeance. As I am in training for a 1/2 marathon, I truly enjoy the spring days because I love running outside. It is so dis-heartening to wake up and see 10 cm of white snow. I do admit it is beautiful but I am done with it. The pictures below are on my balcony and I think they show how the weather goes warm and cold and warm and cold; melt and freeze, melt and freeze. Enough already!

Awake, thou wintry earth -
Fling off thy sadness!
Fair vernal flowers, laugh forth
Your ancient gladness!
~Thomas Blackburn, "An Easter Hymn"


3 comments:

nicole said...

dels & jude would love that icicle though. I guess I shouldn't tell you about my spring...lettuce, strawberries and blueberries growing on the deck!

SJR said...

That is a mega icicle! Thankfully the forecast looks okay for next week.

Anonymous said...

'No winter lasts forever;no spring skips its turn.' Love the quote...there is hope! (though I think we haven't had quite as much winter here in the sunny south!) Hang in there girl....spring is comin'! g