Tuesday, November 11, 2008

fragments of my life

Again, my blog will be a mixed update of sorts as this past week was a pretty great one in the grand scheme of my life. Here are some highlights:


1) Girls weekend in Canmore - Punam, Lynn, Claire & I did what women do best - drank wine and over-analyzed our lives. It was wonderful. If you are ever in Canmore, I recommend the condo complex we stayed at - Canmore Crossing.


2) There is a new president-elect in the USA. This makes me smile! I still get goose-bumps when I think about it. If you have not read the book "The Audacity of Hope", read it and you will understand my goose-bumps.



3) I am enjoying a 4-day weekend - enough said.



4) Caught up with old friends: Sarah, my best friend from high school; Jo-Anna, a kindred who lives on the other side of the world; Alicia, my girl...I was her youth leader but she teaches me so much.



5) Went orienteering with my work team and was partnered with the person I encountered challenges working with in the past. However, we rocked as a team and came first in the orienteering course. We also understand each other a lot more - good conversations while completing the tasks.



6) Attended a
Lucinda Williams concert last night with my brother - loved it! I need to purchase her new album. It is a wee bit softer than her past albums...apparently, she has found true love.



7) I live in a country where I have the freedom to say what I want, believe what I want, vote for whomever I choose. Thank you to those men & women who sacrificed so I can experience freedom.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmmm...four day weekend, girl time, good friends, good music...delish...you are blessed! g

Jen L said...

Lucinda Williams!! I am a little jealous again.

SJR said...

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

SJR said...

It reminds me of when Wendy used to start listening to Boney M Christmas tunes in August =)