Monday, September 8, 2008

Ode to my family of list lovers

This summer, while out on the island visiting family, we discussed our top movies and whether or not we could come up with a list of our 100 top movies. We also wondered how many movies we have seen in our lifetime and realized that we had spent a great deal of time watching movies, going to movies, renting movies, choosing movies - especially since I didn't watch movies much before I was 16.
Anyhow, we sat around a pint or two of beer and scrawled our lists down on whatever paper I had in my bag - John, Nicole, Wendy & I - all lovers of the list. Nicole, my sister, blogged about it a while back and recently, she asked about my list and whether or not I had finalized it...so for you, Nicole, here is my top 100 movie list (in alphabetical order, of course):
A Room with a View
About a Boy
Almost Famous
Amelie
Annie Hall
Becoming Jane
Before Sunrise
Before Sunset
Bella
Bend it Like Beckham
Blood Diamond
Bobby
Braveheart
Breakfast at Tiffany's
Breakfast Club
Bridget Jones Diary
Bruce Almighty
Butch Cassidy & the Sundance Kid
Casablanca
Cat on a Hot Tin Roof
Chocolat
Cinema Paradiso
Clueless
Cool Hand Luke
Crash
Dave
Dead Man Walking
Dead Poets Society
Dear Frankie
Emma
Finding Nemo
Finding Neverland
Forrest Gump
Godfather I
Good Morning Vietnam
Grace is Gone
High Fidelity
Hope Floats
Hotel Rwanda
Il Postino
Into the Wild
It’s a Wonderful Life
Juno
Lars & the Real Girl
Lean on Me
Life is Beautiful
Little Miss Sunshine
Lord of the Rings
Love Actually
Memento
Moonstruck
Much Ado About Nothing
My Fair Lady
O Brother Where art Thou?
Once
Paris Je T'aime
Philedelphia
Philedelphia Story
Power of One
Pride & Prejudice (Colin Firth)
Princess Bride
Ray
Rebel Without a Cause
Roman Holiday
Romeo & Juliet (Baz Luhrmann)
Rudy
Run Lola Run
Sabrina (Audrey Hepburn)
Saved
Saving Private Ryan
Say Anything…
Scent of a Woman
Schindlers List
Sense & Sensibility
Shadowlands
Shall We Dance (Japan)
Shawshank Redemption
Sliding Doors
Stranger Than Fiction
Strictly Ballroom
Swingers
The Apostle
The Castle
The Commitments
The Constant Gardener
The English Patient
The Graduate
The Last King of Scotland
The Pianist
The Shop Around the Corner
The Sixth Sense
The Truman Show
The Usual Suspects
The Whale Rider
Thelma & Louise
To Kill a Mockingbird
Waitress
Walk the Line
What's Eating Gilbert Grape?
When Harry met Sally

2 comments:

nicole said...

Funny, I just typed up my list yesterday and am currently reviewing for a future post. Now we need Wendy & John's list!

Bobbi said...

Love the list, Sar. There are some Sara recommendations I must see.