Wednesday, July 16, 2008

a new toy

at heart, i think i am a graphic designer. if my career in community investment doesn't work out (or if one day i need a change - which is more likely), i think i will become a designer. i love the way words can be placed on a page and look alive. and yesterday, i found a toy on the internet that places words so beautifully on the page. it is called wordle. play with it one day and see how you can make words dance. i believe they are called word clouds.

here are a couple of my word clouds i made tonight:

this one i made to frame for my friends wedding on the weekend (just something to go with the generic and ubiquitous gift card)

this one is just the words from one of my favorite songs/poems "Phenomenal Woman"













2 comments:

nicole said...

john just discover wordle too and showed me...i can't wait to play with it!

The Chatty Housewife said...

That is so neat! Thank you for sharing. It is a great card making tool.