Sunday, April 27, 2008

the mirror

Recently, a mirror of truth was placed in front of me and all my selfishness was reflected back. This is a rather unpleasant experience as I had been going along quite nicely thinking I was a giving, kind sort of person. The mirror showed my independence and stubbornness stemming from a selfish root.

The busyness of life (work, dating, prep for trip, and friends), the time to sort through this necessary realization has not been available. I haven't been able to really work through it. My time away in Europe will hopefully give me the space to stare into the mirror and uproot some of that selfishness that has crept into my heart and soul.

As my mother can attest to, I have a rebellious nature. Although it would be easier to ignore the reflection I see, I don't really want to rebel against this truth.

1 comment:

nicole said...

have a wonderful european holiday...you deserve it. give wendaloo a kiss for me!