Tuesday, April 29, 2008

another adventure

Perhaps I should change my blog to sarasomewhereintheworld.blogspot.com. Last year, when I travelled to Hong Kong, I started the blog just to give friends and family at home a taste of my trip. A year later, I am still blogging although sometimes I am not sure why. Perhaps it is because I had more adventures in life to share.

My latest adventure starts tomorrow morning. I leave with my dear friend Bobbi for Europe. Fifteen years ago, I went to Europe and it changed me completely. I thought I would be back there within five years. However, life had other plans and my journey took me in other directions. Now, I am heading back - this time to new cities. Bobbi and I are heading to Berlin to just sit next to my dear sister Wendy. I am so excited to see her and just be near her for about 10 days. Then Bob and I are off to Prague and then wrap up the trip in London.

I will keep you posted periodically of anything of note along the way. While my photos are not art (that is not my "spiritual" gift), I will attempt to share my pictures and words about our travels with you.

I have a distinct sort of feeling that the next three weeks will be a more spiritual journey than a physical trip. It will be soul-searching time rather than a photo-op moment. Do you ever feel that you are being prepared for a journey?

Here is a glimpse of what is to come...Beer, Berlin, Bobbi and Batemans

1 comment:

Amy.E said...

Have an amazing time! Looking forward to seeing your pictures.