Sunday, March 16, 2008

needing Easter

This past week, my cousin Jen put "Jen needs Easter" as her status on Facebook. That status made me stop and in a moment, I understood that I need Easter more than I realized. I had been under the impression that Easter would be a short break from life down in Lethbridge with some of my favourite people.

However, after reading Jen's status, my need for Easter is deeper than a rest or a break from life.

Easter is a beginning and I am in need of a new beginning in my soul. I need Easter. I need the hope that Christ brings. I need to understand his forgiveness. I need the refreshing water only he provides.

It may be the Friday of my soul but I know that Sunday's a coming.

2 comments:

Jen L said...

I also need a bit of time with my Sara. Looking forward to seeing you.

Anonymous said...

I have really been feeling the 'advent' of Easter this year...and anticipating it in a way that I never have before. Perhaps it is a realization of my deep need... soon....soon
g