Tuesday, March 4, 2008

insomniac

Okay, so it is after 2 a.m. and I can't sleep. The problem is I have a breakfast event that I have to be up for at 5 a.m. Do I even try to get to sleep at this point?

The inability to turn my mind off from the event details even though everything is in place is most frustrating. There were a couple things that arose yesterday during the final preparation which have been dealt with but they keep knocking around in my mind in a random, incoherent manner preventing me from relaxing and ultimately sleeping.

This is so irritating - I need my sleep and I can't get it. Even my old standby of warm milk to knock me out has failed me tonight. On top of it, I have to work late tonight and early again tomorrow morning to help my colleague at her event. Oh, the glamour of public affairs!

Thank goodness for Clinique and Starbucks because those two products will be helping me get through the next two days without seeming like a wreck.

3 comments:

Amy.E said...

So, it's too late to help you now, but my Grammy swears by a spoonful of honey to help you off to dreamland. Hope your event went well and that you will get a chance at a cat nap!

Anonymous said...

Let me know if you find the remedy - I expect I may be spending some middle of the nighttime hours with thoughts of spaghetti and sauce (in large quantities) why can we not will our minds to stillness in the night? g

Bobbi said...

http://www.myspace.com/mbarber
You need to listen to Matthew Barber's song "Sleep . . ." (I can't remember the title). It is your song of the late night hour.