Friday, October 26, 2007

Doubled by Wonder

Many magazines in the stores feature American Thanksgiving stories, ideas and it is a good reminder to be thankful as Canadian Thanksgiving seems like a distant memory now.

Today, I read about how the Real Simple editor says five things she is thankful before she gets out of bed each morning. I thought about that...perhaps it would inspire me to want to get up each day.

I have a friend where we used to email each other regularily about 3-5 things that made us happy or thankful. We have fallen out of the habit. I should email her. Well, here is what I am thankful for today:
1) Zach Light's giggles
2) The freedom to leave work early on a Friday afternoon
3) Little boxes of Smarties available only around Halloween
4) Cooking for people
5) Going home for Christmas - my ticket has been purchased.


I would maintain that thanks are the highest form of thought, and that gratitude is happiness doubled by wonder. ~G.K. Chesterton

2 comments:

Jen L said...

I love Christmas and if things work out as planned maybe some Light's will be at the Bateman bash. Let's kkep our fingers and toes crossed.

Anonymous said...

Happiness doubled by wonder - I love it! g