Tuesday, August 7, 2007

God is in the details

I know beyond a shadow of a doubt God is involved in the details of our lives. The adoption of Zachary Light proves it for me. My cousin and his wife have a son and there are countless ways where God showed up at just the right place and time to orchestrate this adoption. This blog may not be the place to share all the connections and timings and although some people would say it is just coincidence, I would call it God. Little Zach will never lack love in his life. He is blessed as are we all with his arrival. To celebrate, a "Happy Adoption Day" celebration took place on August 6th in Lethbridge. Here are some pictures:


Daddy Jeremy tying balloons to the tree for the party

The man of the hour - little Zach - taking in all in stride.


Glenda, Jessica and her two girls singing "Welcome to the Family"
Zachary (in the plaid shirt) surrounded by a couple of his cousins.

Okay, so this picture has nothing to do with Zach's adoption but these dragonflies kept landing on me and I think they are beautiful...that is why I included it.



I do not claim to understand how God can be involved in the minute and the cosmos simultaneously but in the same way I do not comprehend free will and his plan for my life. However, this is why I am in awe of God on a continual basis. Not understanding allows me to worship. Seeking to understand causes me to love. What I know for sure is God is good and he does want his children to have joy!

2 comments:

nicole said...

I've been thinking about the God details too. Amazing is our God.

Amy.E said...

Thanks for that reminder.
It is constantly amazing to me that, to Him, we don't just all blend together. He does care about each of us, individually, and knows our hearts every day. And He hears when I cry, sing, talk, whine, scream, and bubble over with happiness to Him. Such a wonder.