Sunday, May 3, 2009

A mish mash of goodness

This post will just be a hodge-podge of items to share so bear with me.

The first update concerns the event which consumed my life for the past month. The Keep a Roof Over Their Heads event raised funds for the long-term, transitional supported housing at the YWCA. The housing provides safe, secure shelter for women and children in crisis. Many women are in crisis due to domestic abuse situations. I heard many stories this week about women who found the courage to leave. This is a cause that grabs my heart at its core. With my job, I work with many worthy causes but this one makes me weep for these women.

Birds-eye view of the event 

My second update concerns a wedding gift I bought myself. No, I am not getting married anytime soon but this was on sale and I am not going to wait until some future wedding before I own one. Meet my new Kitchen Aid Mixer:


I can't believe May is here already. Spring is here finally and there is so much happening during the next few weeks. The concept of anticipation is playing in my mind. I came to the conclusion that anticipating something is half the fun. Think about Christmas...the anticipation of the holiday is almost better than the day itself. In light of that, here is what I am anticipating:
 - Mexican cooking class in 3 weeks
 - 1/2 marathon in 4 weeks
 - Trip to Istanbul, Turkey and England in 4 1/2 weeks

3 comments:

gl said...

Saw the event featured on TV - thought of you and your involvement in this worthy cause. Nice mixer - everyone needs a good mixer - glad you have met yours.
And I agree about the anticipation thing.(It does create a tension between anticipation and surprise) So enjoy the 'advent' of some good things.

Anonymous said...

YES you got the mixer. Nice work my dear. have you seen the pasta attachment? oh the possibilities.. we really should have a mass food production party, making pasta or pierogies or something.

Amy.E said...

Ooooooo! Mixer envy here!