Saturday, February 23, 2008

all posted out

I have done 5 posts in the last 2 weeks...that is more than sufficient for my commitment to blog once a week. I have over-delivered once again. But it does leave me in a strange place of having not much to blog about. Highlights from my week are:

1) Toured the Calgary Food Bank and realized all the good things they do to keep the working poor fed here in our city. Despite the prosperity of Alberta, the struggle becomes harder for those just eking out a living.

2) Splurged and took a cab home from work on Thursday night. I went for a run at 5 pm but then went back to work to finish up a few things. By the time I left the office at 7:30, I didn't have the heart to face waiting for the bus or C-Train. The luxury of the cab ride was lovely.

3) Met my dear friend Alicia for breakfast/brunch Saturday morning. It is always good to catch up with her. Her sweetness and joy of life is infectious.

My week was not a spectacular week...nor was it terrible. It just was a week in my life. Am going to an Oscar party tonight...have barely seen any of the films nominated but should be fun. I am also trying to figure out who to vote for in the provincial election next Monday. My options are rather pathetic and the campaigns lack imagination and good ideas. It looks like I will probably vote Liberal at this point but that decision is not set in stone yet. And I am trying to thwart off the winter blahs as I have v. low energy today. I should pop into work and catch up on the massive pile waiting for me on my desk ...we will see if that actually happens.

No comments: