Thursday, December 6, 2007

it's the most wonderful time

OK, so I will admit it, there is definitely a feeling of excitement about Christmas stirring within me. In 2 weeks, I will be at mom and dad's for the holiday. Since Christmas is probably my favorite holiday (Easter is a close second), here is a list of the ten things I love about Christmas (in no particular order):

1) The mandarin orange in the toe of my stocking
2) The fact everyone must be up before anyone can open their stocking
3) Singing carols, reading from Luke or Matthew, sometimes sharing and meditating on Christmas before opening presents (the calm before the storm)
4) Turkey and stuffing
5) Boney M - "Feliz Navidad"
6) Christmas Eve services and the food afterwards
7) Trimming the tree
8) O Holy Night - only the best Christmas Carol ever
9) After Eight chocolates
10) Everyone helping with breakfast clean-up

That is my list for today! Merry Christmas to all. Peace to you this holiday season. To my family, I will see you all very soon. I can barely wait. Only 14 more sleeps until I see you and only 19 until Christmas day.

3 comments:

Amy.E said...

I wish you a very Merry Christmas with the family, and I smile at the mention of the orange in the toe of your stocking...that has always been a part of Christmas morning for us too! And nuts. Always a handful of nuts to keep the orange company.

nicole said...

are you in charge of putting the oranges in the toe...I think we had to unpack some stockings last time!!
We can't wait to see you in 2 weeks today or yesterday depending on the drive. Wahoo! I love Christmas too.

Jen L said...

(insert giddy laughing and hand clapping) I can't wait to see you all for Christmas. I have been holding the excitement in but it is time to let loose. I was talking about family traditions with my family. They open all of their presents on Christmas eve. They could not believe that we took turns opening presents. That is one of my favorite memories.