Sunday, December 7, 2008

Pause

This is the place where I want to get - this Christmas...small steps are being made towards it but I do love giving gifts to people (both purchased and made) - it brings me great joy.
So I will make the change gradually - hopefully in Christmases to come, more water will be given literally and figuratively. The purpose of the church I attend (and the Church as a whole) is to take water to our world. In this advent season, I hope to find the opportunities to be a water-carrier to those in need.
I am done my Christmas "shopping" although there are a couple of makesies still to complete and gifts to donate to but I look forward to enjoying the next 3 weeks in anticipation of celebrating Jesus' birth. May the advent season be one of wonder, joy and peace to you.
For more info on the video, check out www.adventconspiracy.org.

2 comments:

Jen L said...

Thanks Sara. That was beautiful.

Anonymous said...

We have run this video a few times in church and are attempting to practice the advent conspiracy. And ironically, in light of your 'water carrier' comment, are promoting the water project as an alternative to our usual consumer habits. I think it has had a real impact. But I do agree, I love to give and think it is a valid love language. g