Saturday, September 15, 2007

A swap-a-rama - oh my!

Today was "Swap-a-rama" day!
It is the event of the year where friends get together and exchange items. Basically, you bring items which is still beautiful or worthy but you are just not using. At the swap-a-rama, you choose from other people's beautiful, worthy but un-used items. It is like shopping without the sticker shock or Visa bill. This time around, it was at my place. So I whipped up a Mediterranean mezza feast along with some good wine. Mmm good!

After the food, the swapping began! Oh, the good things to choose from. The great thing is that whatever is left at the end is given to charity so everyone benefits. We had a couple of people who didn't make it to the swap (always disappointing) but they really missed out! Here is what I picked up:

  • 2 chair covers
  • 1 turquoise bowl
  • 2 brooches
  • 1 pendant
  • 1 key/mail holder
  • 1 purse
  • 1 metal container
  • 1 rolling pin
  • 1 lantern


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

The food looks delicious - and just look at all those treasures will ya! Way to go my darling daughter! xoooooxo

Bobbi said...

SARA! I am not sure how I went for so long without seeing your blog. It is now safely bookmarked. More Sara in my life = more happiness. Yipeeee.

nicole said...

I love the brooches. I want to have a swap-a-rama with you!

Amy.E said...

Oooo--I love that idea! I plan to steal it as soon as I have a house again and some space to host!

The Chatty Housewife said...

We just had one of those, but it was mostly for clothing. I came away with some great pieces of clothing that I actually needed and have actually worn since I picked them. I love swaps!

Amy said...

So what happens when more than one person wants the same item?

Sara said...

Amy - part of the swap-a-rama code is that we are all v. civilized. We also normally take turns going around until no one wants anything more. And it is pretty easy to see who wants an item most dearly. That's how it works.