Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Up-up-upholstery

Look what happens when life is so busy...I have so many blog postings/ideas and no time to post. So today, I am uploading all my drafts because I don't know when I will have another chance.

I thought I would share my adventures in recovering furniture. I have never upholstered or recovered anything before in my life until this week. My grandmother's old dining set was graciously bestowed to me. However, it has been well loved over the years and needs some work. I decided I was not going to re-finish the wood this year but I definitely needed to change the fabric on the chairs - it is dreadful.

I have done 1 chair - 5 more to go. Take a look!



The state of the chair seats when they arrived


In process removing the old...the yellow had disintegrated into a fine dust.


A first look at the possibility



The final product (almost - I still need to screw the seat on)
Not bad!

2 comments:

nicole said...

nice...a great improvement.

Anonymous said...

You are amazing girl! That would have been on my to-do list for much longer! g